Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas

Being a good ol' Indian living in Britain, Christmas fails to pass by without excitement. Except for this year. I mean when I was younger, Mum did a bit of a dinner, and there was some presents; I remember picking out my present from Wilkinson (a really awesome shop in Britain, hmm like Walmart but a much more smaller company). One particular year, I remember walking around the shop with a fairy which I picked out. And yes this is how Christmas worked in our family. We never really celebrate it with our relatives either, nice family thing with food. As years go past, Christmas for me, now has just become a big ball of dread. And probably lot's of arguments 'cause we're not doing something or we're doing something wrong. Plus we don't really do presents anymore, just what we buy the next day in the sales. Lovely right.
Even New Years is really depressing. My sister stays up by herself, and the rest of us go sleep. I guess we're not really the most exciting family to do stuff with.

I guess we make all the food and stuff because it's something different. Getting out of the usual routine of everyday life. But really if we just have curry for dinner on Tuesday, I'm not really bothered. This is coming from someone who "supposedly" loves to cook and wants to go into cooking. Yeah, wonderful stuff really.

I guess it'll be different soon, my sister finally getting a full time job, the prospect of a nice Indian boy coming into the family should be interesting. I'm dreading it, but then again I seem to be dreading everything. Ahh I really need to get out of this ball of misery and be excited for something. Maybe Christmas and New Years isn't really appealing cause well our way of celebrating is just downright nothing.
Meh, oh but I'm partly excited for the sales, to buy stuff!
I guess that counts? Haha that didn't make me sound shallow at all!


In other news, it's a Sunday today and we got post!

Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment